Nav Bar

Monday, January 28, 2013

Busy Breakfast Burritos

By: Vicky Kulig

I am sure that many of you are very busy, like me. I have to keep a calendar for all of my various activities - between dog training, helping to run my dog club, exercise, and maintaining some semblance of a social life.

That leaves very little time for me to do that other fairly domestic duty we all love so much: cooking.

I eat out way too much because I am too busy to cook. I've seen all the pins lately about making meals in advance to freeze so you can grab them and cook them as you need them... so I decided I'd give it a try with breakfast.

So I made breakfast burritos!

This is probably one of the easiest meals ever and will either be enough for two work weeks of breakfast, or one week for two people - as is my case.

Ingredients:

  • One dozen eggs
  • A splash of milk (I don't measure...)
  • 2 rolls of breakfast sausage (I like Jimmy Dean)
  • 10 tortillas (I use the 10 inch)
  • Shredded cheese
  • Tin foil

Directions:

  1. Cook the sausage. Once it's done, set it to the side. I place mine on a paper towel to help absorb some of the grease.
  2. Scramble eggs with a bit of milk in them to make them fluffy. Salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Lay out 10 squares of tin foil, with a tortilla in each one.
  4. Dish out sausage, eggs, and cheese into each one.
  5. Roll into a burrito, wrap in the tin foil, and pop in the freezer.
  6. When you are ready to eat one, just take it out of the tin foil and wrap in a paper towel. Cook it for about 2.5 - 3 minutes, and it's good to go!


It's a super cheap, super easy breakfast packed full of protein. My estimates set this meal at about 600 calories, though, so I wouldn't eat more than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment